Assistant Compensation: $27k/year, Health/vision/dental insurance, PTO
- A minimum of 2 years of professional entertainment/music industry experience, with direct experience in an administrative or day-to-day artist management role
- B.A. Degree or equivalent experience
- Start-up experience preferred
- Music Industry experience REQUIRED
FACTION is a technology-enabled management services company based in Los Angeles that is transforming the way talent, managers, and business partners interact within their ecosystem. FACTION provides its managers with a suite of centralized resources and services, unites them with a proprietary communication and information sharing platform, and creates a collaborative culture through equity ownership for everyone.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick thinking, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. He/she must be friendly, have a positive, "can- do" attitude and be able to apply common sense and execute tasks with minimal direction. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is able to exercise good judgment and is able to interact comfortably and skillfully with all levels of staff within and outside the company. Ideal candidate has day-to-day artist management experience, music industry experience, and understands the level of motivation and follow-through that is necessary to be successful in a start-up environment. You must be ready and willing to do anything and wear many hats with a smile on your face. Must love music and have a passion for entertainment!
Provide support on administrative tasks, such as:
- Act as the conduit between the Manager and all members of their ecosystem (internal and external)
- Assist in day-to-day artist management responsibilities, including coordination of artist schedules and itineraries
- Act as the conduit between the Manager and all entities in their ecosystem (internal and external)
- Maintain a demanding calendar including booking and confirming meetings, studio time, TV/radio appearances, interviews, speaker requests, rehearsals, shows, etc.
- Assist with tour routing, (marketing) advancing and create/manage budgets
- Coordinate with partners, venues, etc. to make sure the flow of information is not disrupted
- Create, organize and curate meeting materials, contact lists, account information, priorities lists, communications, etc.
- Create documents, presentations, decks, etc. for internal and external meetings
- Answer phones (screen and document incoming calls), arrange and coordinate conference calls, book conference rooms, etc.
- Handle domestic and international travel arrangements, including vans/buses, hotels and flights
- Prepare thorough itinerary for each destination / handling all specific requirements needed for each trip
- Reconcile expense reports, event budgets, handling billing, P/Os, etc.
- Fill out and tracking paperwork related to royalties, publishing rights, award submissions, merchandising, etc.
- A&R research / Working with marketing team to provide relevant data for A&R analysis
- Pull Buzzangle, Next Big Sound, and Soundscan reports
- Stay on top of industry trends and innovations
What you'll need to succeed:
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction
- Successfully juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Superb follow-through and checks/balances skills
- Must demonstrate high degree of professionalism/client services and attention to detail with a warm smile and friendly demeanor
- Reliable, trustworthy, and exercises sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work enthusiastically across organizations, levels, and diverse personalities while applying the 'whatever it takes' attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other office productivity tools (email, calendaring, gmail), and willing to learn new technologies
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org