Caroline Jones is a singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, producer & radio show host. She co-produced her forthcoming country album with Grammy and Academy Award-winning producer Ric Wake (Trisha Yearwood, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston ). The lead single, “Tough Guys” is a tongue-in-cheek country stomper that speaks to personal empowerment. The single is off to a fast start – SiriusXM radio’s “The Highway” channel is already playing the song. Ms. Jones, raised in Connecticut and currently living in Florida, fell in love with country music at 16, when she first visited Nashville & attended a writer’s round at the Bluebird Cafe. Enthralled with Music City’s community of singers, songwriters and musicians, Caroline researched the rich history of country music, modeling her songwriting after Willie Nelson, Hank Williams, Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, and Vince Gill.
Caroline states “I most admire these artists because they are great songwriters and musicians as well as vocalists”. Of late she has been inspired by contemporary artists Hunter Hayes, Keith Urban & the Zac Brown Band. Listening to those artists motivated Caroline to follow their lead and become a first class musician in her own right: she wrote all the songs and played all of the instruments (guitar, banjo, harmonica, keyboards, and lap steel) on the record with the exception of bass and drums, played by Nashville studio veterans Glenn Worf and Nir Z. Caroline’s Sirius XM radio show “Art & Soul” airs bi-monthly on The Coffee House channel and delves inside the art of songwriting to the “soul of the song” with guest singer/songwriters including Butch Walker, Regina Spektor, James Bay & Steve Cropper.
Ms. Jones has toured hundreds of schools & universities nationwide in the past 5 years, including Andover, Exeter, Choate, Hotchkiss, Taft & the University of Virginia. She founded “The Heart is Smart” Initiative & School Tour, inspiring and providing a medium of expression through music with her performances and workshops that have touched over 150,000 students to date. She also partnered with motivational speaker Stedman Graham and The Sonima Foundation to bring “The Heart is Smart” program to over 100 public schools and underserved communities on the Live Sonima Tour.
Caroline has performed at Julliard, Lincoln Center, and Carnegie Hall, with residencies at Café Carlyle & Feinstein’s. She has shared bills with a wide range of artists including James Taylor, The Beach Boys, Dave Matthews, Paul Simon, O.A.R, Ani DiFranco, Ziggy Marley & The Wailers, Grace Potter & Patti Smith. Plans are now in the works to release a full-length album in the first quarter of 2017, with a nationwide tour to follow.
Recent Press Highlights
Rolling Stone: 10 New Country Artists You Need to Know: January 2017 | iHeart Radio Interview: Who is Caroline Jones?
Country Music Life: "Tough Guys" Feature
"Tough Guys" Highlights
- #1 on the CMT Music “12 Pack Countdown” for 6 weeks in a row
- Featured in CMT’s “Artist Discovery” program
- Video in rotation on TCN (The Country Network)
- Added to GAC TV
- San Francisco based Entertainment interview show “Sidewalks TV” added “Tough Guys” video to a new episode that is airing in syndication nationally.
- Promo Only has added the video to their “Hits HD” Disc/Download Reels (their most widely distributed) and December Country video.
- Added to The Clubcom Network system
- Featured in Music Choice's Rising Country Video Playlist
Sales and Streams
- 16,000+ single sales to date
- Over 250,000 streams of the single to date
- Over 1 million views on "Tough Guys" official video
Terrestrial and Satellite Radio:
- “Tough Guys” was featured in iHeartRadio’s DAIP program on all 63 Country radio station websites from 12/15 –1/31/17.
- Moving into heavy rotation at KKBQ Houston, Sirius XM's The Highway, WIRK West Palm and KBQI Albuquerque.
- Increasing spins at KASE Austin, KUPL Portland, WYNK Baton Rouge, WBCT Grand Rapids, WRNX Springfield, MA, WKLI Albany, and WOTW Orlando.
- “Tough Guys” debuted @ #5 on Pandora Predictions chart
- Slacker Radio has added “Tough Guys” to their “New Country Now” station
- AOL Radio has added “Tough Guys” to their “New Country First” station
- Radio.com has added “Tough Guys” to their “New Country” and “Today’s Big Country” channels